- was, went;
- visited, saw;
- meet, do;
- has, had;
- visited, lives, is;
Ex. 3. Am, have, eat, drink, go, read, do, write, have, eat, drink, gives, go.
- It is hotter in Rome than in Moscow.
- It is foggier in London than in Paris.
- It is colder in Novgorod than in Glasgow.
- It is windier in Moscow than in Madrid.
- It is frostier in Moscow than in New York.
- It is rainier in London than in Madrid.
- It is sunnier in Rome than in Novgorod.
- It is cloudier in Glasgow than in New York.
Ex. 6. 1b; 2b; 3b; 4c; 5a; 6a; 7c; 8b.
- 2) The pink house is not as (so) big as the cinema.
- 3) The white car is as new as the grey car.
- 4) The blue car is not as (so) new as the white car.
- 5) Ken is as tall as Roy.
- 6) Bob is not as (so) tall as Ken.
- 7) Charles is as old as Don.
- 8) Charles is not as (so) old as Peter.
- 9) The green pencil is as (so) long as the red pencil.
- 10) The yellow pencil is not as (so) long as the green pencil.
- 11) Tom is as strong as Sam.
- 12) Dan is not as (so) strong as Tom.
- 3) The chair is as high as the bench.
- 4) The girl is as tall as the boy.
- 5) The green tree is not as (so) tall as the yellow tree.
- 6) The sitting room is not as (so) cosy as the bedroom.
- 7) The kitchen is as clean as the hall.
- 8) The garden 171 is as green as the forest.
Ex. 10. Wrote, read, did, went, played, finished, took, began, visited, saw, ate, drank.