Ex. 1 1b; 2c; 3b; 4a; 5b.
Ex. 2 1f; 2c; 3g; 4i; 5j; 6h; 7a; 8e; 9b; 10d.
- easy, difficult;
- Sue looked after the collie dog.
- Richard looked after his cat Socks.
- William looked after his tortoise.
- Brian’s cousin looked after his fish.
- Mrs Stafford looked after his garden.
- Jim looked after his horse.
- Brian’s mother looked after the plants in the flat.
- Pat looked after Brian’s four white mice.
- Victor chose an egg and cornflakes for breakfast last Saturday.
- Charles chose a cup of coffee and sandwich for breakfast last Saturday.
- Wendy chose an apple for lunch last Saturday.
- Margaret chose some porridge for breakfast last Saturday.
- Harry chose fish and potatoes for dinner last Saturday.
- Bob chose vegetables for supper last Saturday.
Ex. 7 Steve is ill. Martin is getting better. Rick is well.
- Sue chose vegetables for dinner.
- I felt happy when I saw my friends.
- John found it difficult to look after cows.
- Mary always kept fit.
- Peter left home early in the morning.
- Jim spent hours on cooking.
Ex. 10 1c; 2a; 3b.